Varnum is a regional business law firm with five offices across Michigan, and more than 150 lawyers serving clients in a full range of practice areas. We have built our reputation by helping clients identify opportunities, negotiate and close commercial transactions, win lawsuits and benefit from up-to-the-minute legal advice. Our clients range from large world-leading companies to smaller businesses who want world-class attention and service.
Ever since the firm was founded more than 120 years ago, a guiding principle has been our commitment to excellence. We are pleased to occasionally be recognized for this commitment. Recent notable recognition includes:
Honors and Awards
• More than a third of Varnum attorneys have received an AV Preeminent rating – the highest available – by Martindale Hubbell.
• Named a "2012 Top Ranked Firm" by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, based on our large percentage of AV-rated attorneys.
• Named to The NLJ 350 (at 286), the National Law Journal’s review of the largest U.S. law firms. (2012)
• Recipient of the Pillar Award from Women's Resource Center in recognition of noteworthy efforts to support women in our community (2010).
• More than one-third of Varnum attorneys are listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2013).
• Recognized as a "2012 Go-To Law Firm for the Top 500 Companies" by ALM, based on "delivery of exceptional work for the Fortune 500."
• Recognized as a leading law firm by Chambers USA, which rates American's leading lawyers and law firms through a client interview process (2012).
• Recommended in 2012 edition (as well as previous years) of Benchmark Litigation, a guide to America's leading litigation firms and attorneys.
Areas of Practice
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation
- Appellate Practice
- Art, Entertainment, & Sports Law
- Business Organizations
- Civil Rights
- Commercial Law & Contracts
- Construction Law
- Criminal Law
- Energy & Utilities
- Environmental Law
- Family Law
- Finance & Banking
- Immigration Law
- Indigenous Peoples
- Intellectual Property
- Labor & Employment Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Real Estate
- Securities Law
- Wills, Trusts, & Estate Planning
- Worker’s Compensation
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use
Number of Attorneys
This profile may constitute attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Any correspondence with this profile holder does not constitute a client/attorney relationship. Neither the content on this profile nor transmissions between you and the profile holder through this profile are intended to provide legal or other advice or to create an attorney-client relationship.