Varnum is a regional business law firm with five offices across Michigan, and more than 150 lawyers serving clients in a full range of practice areas. We have built our reputation by helping clients identify opportunities, negotiate and close commercial transactions, win lawsuits and benefit from up-to-the-minute legal advice. Our clients range from large world-leading companies to smaller businesses who want world-class attention and service.
Ever since the firm was founded more than 120 years ago, a guiding principle has been our commitment to excellence. We are pleased to occasionally be recognized for this commitment. Recent notable recognition includes:
Honors and Awards
• More than a third of Varnum attorneys have received an AV Preeminent rating – the highest available – by Martindale Hubbell.
• Named a "2012 Top Ranked Firm" by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, based on our large percentage of AV-rated attorneys.
• Named to The NLJ 350 (at 286), the National Law Journal’s review of the largest U.S. law firms. (2012)
• Recipient of the Pillar Award from Women's Resource Center in recognition of noteworthy efforts to support women in our community (2010).
• More than one-third of Varnum attorneys are listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2013).
• Recognized as a "2012 Go-To Law Firm for the Top 500 Companies" by ALM, based on "delivery of exceptional work for the Fortune 500."
• Recognized as a leading law firm by Chambers USA, which rates American's leading lawyers and law firms through a client interview process (2012).
• Recommended in 2012 edition (as well as previous years) of Benchmark Litigation, a guide to America's leading litigation firms and attorneys.