Akerman LLP is a leading transactions and trial law firm known for its core strengths in middle market M&A, within the financial services and real estate industries, and for a diverse Latin America practice. Ranked among the top 100 law firms in the U.S. by The National Law Journal NLJ 350 (2013), we are intensely focused on innovating pragmatic, customized solutions to our clients' most complex legal challenges.
Our team is recognized by U.S. News – Best Lawyers (2013) as one of the best law firms in the U.S. in 30 practice areas. We also are ranked among the top 100 law firms in the U.S. for diversity by MultiCultural Law magazine (2012) and recognized as the law firm of the year for diversity – South by Benchmark Litigation (2012). More information can be found at akerman.com/ or twitter.com/akerman_law.
Akerman's Labor & Employment Practice Group defends employers in virtually every major industry throughout the United States in all types of employment litigation, including class and collective actions, under federal, state, and local employment laws including the Fair Labor Standards Act. The group also represents employers in connection with employment law compliance, labor relations, ADA public access, workplace safety, global workforce issues, immigration, and non-compete and trade secret issues.
Our services include:
• ADA Public Access Compliance & Claims
• Disability, Medical & Other Leaves
• Employee Benefits & ERISA Litigation
• Employee Handbooks, Policies & Forms
• Employment Counseling & Workplace Claims Prevention
• Employment Discrimination, Harassment & Retaliation
• Employment Investigations & Audits
• Employment Litigation
• Immigration Planning & Compliance
• Independent Contractor Issues
• Labor & Employment Training in the Workplace
• Labor Relations
• Non-Competes & Trade Secrets
• Reductions-in-Force & WARN Act
• Wage & Hour Issues
• Whistleblower & Retaliation Claims
• Workplace Privacy Rights