Broad-based general corporate and non-profit practice with technology emphasis consisting of both transactional matters and client counseling on everyday business matters including document drafting and negotiation, regulatory compliance and policy development for a full spectrum of clients, including publicly-traded companies, closely-held businesses, health care practices, charitable organizations, private foundations, governmental entities and individual business executives, including the following:
• Advising general business clients, public authorities, health care providers and non-profit organizations in all areas of technology concerns, including outsourcing, licensing of computer systems, e-discovery matters, record retention policy development, drafting online policies and website disclaimers, domain name management and establishment of employee e-mail and Internet usage policies.
• Counseling non-profit organizations on entity formation, establishing and maintaining tax exempt status, complying with fundraising regulations, advising Boards on policy matters and strategic planning, mission statement development, structuring and operation of family foundations, grantmaking due diligence and administration of grant agreements.
• Representing corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and other entities in all aspects of general corporate law, including mergers and acquisitions, complex due dilligence and dataroom management, asset sales, shareholder agreements, operating agreements, and employment and consulting agreements.
• Intellectual property practice consists of trademark screening, trademark and copyright registrations, IP licensing matters, trade secret protections, issuing and responding to cease and desist letters and interfacing with the firm’s commercial litigation team on infringement matters.
New Jersey, New York, District of Columbia
New York University School of Law
Washington and Jefferson College
Professional Associations & Memberships
• Medical and Professional Advisory Council of The Arnold P. Gold Foundation
• Legal Advisor Trustee on the Board of Trustees of Temple Emanu-El of Westfield “I Have a Dream” Foundation, Inc.
• New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA) Business Law Section Director and Vice Chair of Communications
• NJSBA Women in the Profession Section Trustee
• NJSBA Internet and Computer Law Committee Past Chair
• NJSBA Intellectual Property Law Section member
• Middlesex County Bar Association member
• American Bar Association member
Honors and Awards
• “AV” Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating
• The Best Lawyers in America® in specialties of Intellectual Property Law (2007-2011) and Corporate Law (2008-2011)
• Super Lawyer in the New Jersey Law Monthly, New Jersey Super Lawyers Editions in the areas of Business/Corporate (2007-2011), Intellectual Property (2007-2011), Information Technology (2008-2009) and Nonprofit (2010-2011)
• New Jersey Rising Star in the areas of Business/Corporate and Intellectual Property in 2006
• Recognized in “Women and Minorities in the Legal Profession” supplement of New Jersey Law Journal in August of 2005
• Recognized in New Jersey Law Journal’s “Forty under Forty” in August of 2002