Christopher B. Hopkins is an AV-rated Florida lawyer and shareholder of the law firm of Akerman Senterfitt. He divides his time between appellate and trial work. He is also available as a circuit civil mediator and a qualified arbitrator.
Mr. Hopkins has a general practice, handling all types of civil trial cases for individuals and families — as well as serving as counsel for local and international businesses.
Mr. Hopkins is available to serve as local counsel throughout the state for non-Florida lawyers.
Recent areas of practice includes construction, corporate, defamation, health care, internet, injury, nursing home/ALF, professional malpractice, and trusts & estates/guardianship matters.
- AV-Rated by Martindale Hubbell Trial and Appelate Lawyer
– Voted 8 Years among Florida Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite”
- Developed iPhone App providing Florida Rules of Professional Conduct as well as federal/local bar guidelines for Florida lawyers for free. See ClawApp.com
- Developed iPhone App for nursing home and assisted living facility professionals
– Florida Supreme Court Certified Civil Circuit Mediator
- Qualified Arbitrator
- 2012, Trial Advocate Quarterly Award (interim editor; editorial board; author)
- 2010 – 2012, Chair of Technology Committee, Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Recipient, 2008 James Lawless ADR Award
- 50+ publications on arbitration, legal ethics, internet research, and other aspects of civil trial work
- host of InternetLawCommentary.com.
*Memberships: Florida Bar; Palm Beach Bar Association; FDLA; Florida Brewer’s Guild.
*Education: Bachelors of Arts degree in Religion at the University of Richmond; Masters of Theological Studies, cum laude, at Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington, D.C.; and Juris Doctor at Tulane Law School in New Orleans, Louisiana.