David A. Barrett is a Massachusetts civil litigation attorney and Director of Social Media at The Rainmaker Institute. David boasts The World’s Largest LinkedIn Lawyer Network.
Attorney Barrett’s blog “The LinkedIn Lawyer” has been featured by Michigan Lawyers Weekly, the Martindale Hubbell blog, North Carolina Lawyers Weekly, Lawyers Weekly USA, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly and the ABA Journal, and he presents on the topic for groups such as Reed Business Seminars, the Georgia Bar Association, the National Constitution Center, the Rainmaker Institute, and the Massachusetts Bar Association.
In addition to building an online network of over sixteen million professionals and over five thousand attorneys, Attorney Barrett is a pragmatic problem solver and a careful attorney who has aggressively represented clients in business and divorce litigation matters throughout courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
David A. Barrett is listed as #11 on “145 Lawyers to Follow on Twitter by JD Supra, and has been named "20 Twitterers Lawyers Should Follow on Twitter," one of "100 Twitter feeds for Law Students, and one of top "50 Twitter feeds for paralegals."
Retained as Business Litigation Counsel -
- in multi-jurisdictional and international business merger and securities fraud litigation. Middlesex County Superior Court, Cambridge Massachusetts.
- by Franchisor Business Owner regarding business assets of the former franchisee/franchisor contract and business relationship. Middlesex County Superior Court, Woburn Massachusetts.
- by food manufacturing company in multi-jurisdictional commercial litigation regarding business equipment, contractual responsibilities and statutory warranty. Essex County Superior Court, Salem Massachusetts.
- by business owner franchisee regarding multi-jurisdictional franchise and contractual dispute. Suffolk County Superior court, Boston Massachusetts.
- by inventor enforcing contractual rights to intellectual property in multi-jurisdictional business merger and contract litigation. United States Federal Court, Boston Massachusetts.
- by large excavation company in dispute with insurance company over appropriate amount of premium due for company Workers Compensation policy. Suffolk County Superior Court, Boston Massachusetts.
- by local business owner regarding administrative penalties for violations of municipal codes and regulations. Middlesex Superior Court, Cambridge Massachusetts.
- by large excavation company to perfect mechanic’s statutory lien. Norfolk Superior Court, Dedham Massachusetts.
- by business owner regarding former business partnership and contractual terms of promissory note. Lynn District Court, Lynn Massachusetts.
- by business owner regarding enforcement of contract. Worcester District Court, Worcester Massachusetts.
- for pre-litigation commercial collections matter between former business partners.