Sole practitioner and corporate generalist attorney with substantial experience as in-house general counsel. A "jack of all trades," with focus on real estate and real estate development, Health Care regulation (especially as it relates to nursing homes and other services to seniors), elder law, labor and employment law, tax exempt organizations, contract drafting and negotiation (emphasizing regulatory compliance, third party vendors, and the software/computer industry), litigation management, and general corporate law. Substantial experience in estate planning, general litigation (especially before administrative agencies), probate, municipal law and school law.
Value added skills include:
* Strong research/writing/editing skills
* Accomplished Educator/Trainer/Teacher
* Creative and Adaptable in multiple legal disciplines – Resourceful and Diverse – able to quickly and thoroughly gain expertise in a new field and integrate new information and skills effectively
* Effective Negotiator/Mediator/Counselor – Excellent Interpersonal skills
* Ability to Implement Proactive Programs, Concepts, and Procedures to prevent problems before they happen.
Licensed to practice law in Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan.
THE JOHN MARSHALL LAW SCHOOL, Chicago, Illinois Juris Doctor 1989
ILLINOIS WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY, Bloomington, Illinois
Bachelor of Music Education, 1981
Professional Associations & Memberships
Member of the Illinois State Bar Association, Indiana State Bar Association, Michigan State Bar Association, Association of Corporate Counsel, American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
Certified as an Arbitrator/Mediator by the AHLA
Licensed Real Estate Broker, Michigan
Notary Public, County of Cook, State of Illinois
President, Public Library Board, Village of South Holland, Illinois.
Chairman, Planning and Development Commission, Village of South Holland, Illinois
Honors and Awards
Graduated with High Distinction from law school -- Order of John Marshall; Class Rank 6/240 (top 1.25%)
Editor-in-Chief, John Marshall Law Review (published two articles).
Undergraduate: Dean's List; Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society .