Dressman Benzinger LaVelle psc (DBL Law) is a full-service law firm of 39 attorneys and 51 staff, with offices located in Cincinnati, Ohio and Crestview Hills, Kentucky. DBL attorneys represent private individuals and companies in many industries and areas of law including: Administrative, Banking & Commercial, Business Organizations and Taxation, Civil Litigation, Construction, Employment and Labor, Estate Planning and Probate, Healthcare, Real Estate, Technology and Workers' Compensation.
Kelly A. Schoening represents private and public employers in all facets of employment law. Her employment law practice includes advising clients on compliance with various employment laws and providing in-house training on such issues. Kelly has experience working with the EEOC, DOL, DOJ, Kentucky Commission on Human Rights, Kentucky Labor Cabinet, Ohio Civil Rights Commission, as well as litigating cases in federal and state courts.
She has successfully defended clients in the following:
• Summary judgment obtained in sexual harassment, disability discrimination and retaliation case in Kentucky state court.
• Obtained temporary injunction on non-compete in Kentucky state court.
• Two summary judgment motions granted in cases involving disability discrimination in federal courts in Kentucky, both affirmed by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and writ of certiorari denied by U.S. Supreme Court.
• Summary judgment obtained in race discrimination case in Kentucky state court.
• Jury trial - prevailed on retaliation claim in Kentucky federal court.
• Jury trial - prevailed on age discrimination claim and retaliation claim in Ohio state court.
• Numerous successful mediations with the EEOC and private mediators.
She also advises companies on I-9 compliance and performs I-9 audits.
Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky
U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
J.D., Salmon P. Chase College of Law ( cum laude,1996)
B.A., Franklin College of Indiana (cum laude, 1990)
Professional Associations & Memberships
Kentucky Bar Association
Northern Kentucky Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association
Society for Human Resource Management
Northern Kentucky Society for Human Resource Management
CBA Grievance Committee
Joint Rules Committee for Kentucky Federal Courts
Honors and Awards
Kentucky Super Lawyer (2012 - 2014)
Outstanding Woman of Northern Kentucky-Toyota 2008
Outstanding Recent Alumnus Award-Chase Alumni Association 2006
Women to Watch-Cincinnati Enquirer 2006
Outstanding Attorney Award-Deters, Benzinger & LaVelle 2001