Margot practises with the Communications Law, Entertainment | Sports | Media, and Intellectual Property Practice Groups in the Ottawa office of Fraser Milner Casgrain LLP.
• Over ten years of experience advising businesses in the areas of media and copyright law
• Certified Specialist in Intellectual Property (Copyright); regularly advise on licences for copyright-protected content; have participated in various proceedings before the Copyright Board of Canada, and acted as an expert advisor on the Canadian system of collective administration
• Communications law practice is focused on helping broadcasters navigate the licensing rules and regulatory requirements of the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
• Advertising and marketing expertise with a focus on broadcast and online media
• Previously General Counsel and Vice-President, Legal Affairs for the Canadian Association of Broadcasters (CAB), an industry association representing private radio and television broadcasters
Professional Associations & Memberships
Canadian Bar Association
Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (Policy Committee)
Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance WIT (Women In Technology) Forum
Assistant Director, 2011 McGill-IPIC Business of Copyright Course
Honors and Awards
Recognized by The Best Lawyers in Canada 2012 as a leading lawyer in the area of Communications Law.
Areas of Practice
- Art, Entertainment, & Sports Law
- Communications & Media Law
- Intellectual Property
- Products Liability
This profile may constitute attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Any correspondence with this profile holder does not constitute a client/attorney relationship. Neither the content on this profile nor transmissions between you and the profile holder through this profile are intended to provide legal or other advice or to create an attorney-client relationship.