Margot practises with the Communications Law, Entertainment | Sports | Media, and Intellectual Property Practice Groups in the Ottawa office of Fraser Milner Casgrain LLP.
• Over ten years of experience advising businesses in the areas of media and copyright law
• Certified Specialist in Intellectual Property (Copyright); regularly advise on licences for copyright-protected content; have participated in various proceedings before the Copyright Board of Canada, and acted as an expert advisor on the Canadian system of collective administration
• Communications law practice is focused on helping broadcasters navigate the licensing rules and regulatory requirements of the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
• Advertising and marketing expertise with a focus on broadcast and online media
• Previously General Counsel and Vice-President, Legal Affairs for the Canadian Association of Broadcasters (CAB), an industry association representing private radio and television broadcasters
Professional Associations & Memberships
Canadian Bar Association
Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (Policy Committee)
Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance WIT (Women In Technology) Forum
Assistant Director, 2011 McGill-IPIC Business of Copyright Course
Honors and Awards
Recognized by The Best Lawyers in Canada 2012 as a leading lawyer in the area of Communications Law.