Nexsen Pruet is a multi-specialty business law firm headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina, with more than 190 attorneys and offices in Charlotte, Greensboro, and Raleigh, NC as well as Columbia, Charleston, Greenville, Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach, SC. Whether our client is based here in the Carolinas or in any other corner of the globe, we offer significant advantages in terms of outstanding individual lawyers, a depth of talent, and extensive experience in many areas.
Offices throughout the Carolinas: Columbia | Charleston | Charlotte | Greensboro | Greenville | Hilton Head | Myrtle Beach | Raleigh
Professional Associations & Memberships
LAWorld, Mackrell International
Honors and Awards
The firm and its attorneys recently received several honors. Please see the awarding or recognizing organization’s website for complete details.
• Nexsen Pruet is pleased to announce that 11 attorneys have been selected by their peers to this year's "Legal Elite" of North Carolina. The 2014 list is featured in the January issue of Business North Carolina magazine.
• Nexsen Pruet is proud to announce its results in the annual U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” rankings.
The firm has been nationally ranked in three areas:
- Construction Law
- Corporate Law
The firm earned 44 first tier rankings in the Palmetto State and 13 in the Tar Heel State. In total, the firm earned 57 first tier rankings in seven North and South Carolina cities: Charleston, Charlotte, Columbia, Greensboro, Greenville (SC), Myrtle Beach and Raleigh.
• Nexsen Pruet attorney Andrew Dennis has been selected to participate in Leadership Charleston class 40 for 2013-2014.
• Nexsen Pruet is pleased to announce that Member Charlie Carter has been appointed to the Environmental Management Commission of the North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR). His appointment was by the Speaker of the N.C. House of Representatives to serve a 4 year term on the Commission.
• Nexsen Pruet attorney Tushar Chikhliker has been elected to the Board of Trustees of South Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities (SCICU). Appointed at its annual meeting on October 1, Chikhliker will serve a three-year term.
• Nexsen Pruet attorney Tommy Preston has been elected chair of the University of South Carolina Board of Visitors. Tommy is the youngest and first person of color to serve as chair of the board, a role he will serve for two years.
• The latest edition of Chambers & Partners Global Guide for Clients, one of the world’s top legal directories, ranks Mackrell International as a leading law firm network in the “Band One” category. The ranking is based on extensive research, including feedback from businesses. Nexsen Pruet joined Mackrell in 2007 to provide clients with access to high-caliber professionals in the world’s legal and financial markets. Nexsen Pruet is the only Mackrell firm for North and South Carolina.
• Nexsen Pruet attorney Jeff Tibbals has been appointed as one of two Co-Chairs of the Real Estate Litigation & Condemnation Committee of the American Bar Association's Section of Litigation for the 2013-14 year.
• Nexsen Pruet is proud to announce that 14 Midlands attorneys have been named to Columbia Business Monthly’s list of “Legal Elite” for 2013. The list appears in the October edition of the magazine.
• Nexsen Pruet attorney Chris Lam has been honored with North Carolina Lawyers Weekly’s 2013 “Leaders in the Law” award.
• Nexsen Pruet is proud to announce that 77 of its attorneys in 49 different practice areas from the firm’s eight offices in the Carolinas have been named to the 2014 list. The firm has been top-listed in eight categories, with more attorneys listed than any other firm in North Carolina or South Carolina.