Technology, including the Internet and still developing forms of technology, are at the heart of the strategies of all organizations, large and small, across all industries. From intellectual property to content management to e-commerce and distribution methods, what was once an emerging area is now integral to nearly every sector of the global economy. Our Technology, Media & Communications Group offers unique and focused strength in this area. Widely known as a destination practice for Internet, media and technology-related transactional matters, we offer an experienced, practical and insightful approach.
Our lawyers advise clients on the use of technology to develop and distribute new products, services and distribution platforms and in the acquisition and implementation of technology and related services to support core internal business processes. Many of our lawyers came to private practice after careers in the technology industry and, as a result, we offer technical knowledge with practical experience to create innovative solutions that few firms can match.
We were ranked, both nationally and in New York, as a Tier 1 practice by U.S. News Best Law Firms 2011-2012, and co-chairs Daryn Grossman and Jeffrey Neuburger were also recognized by Best Lawyers in America. Our New Media and Technology Law Blog has garnered mention in The Wall Street Journal, Reuters, and the International Herald Tribune, among a host of leading business and trade publications. This ongoing discussion of trends and leading topics positions us as true thought leaders in the industry and allows us to better service our clients’ business needs.
Areas of Focus
* Internet, E-commerce, Digital Distribution of Content
* Intellectual Property
* Outsourcing and Services Agreement
* Television Production and Distribution
* New Media and Emerging Technologies
* Mergers, Acquisitions and Dispositions
* Technology and Internal Operations
* Technology as a Core Product
* American Express and its subsidiary Serve Virtual Enterprises, Inc., a digital payments platform in a partnership agreement with Giftiki, a recently launched "collaborative gifting" service linked with Facebook. Giftiki enables Facebook users to deposit cash gift amounts into their Facebook friends' Giftiki accounts.
* Discovery Communications in its joint venture with Sony and IMAX to launch the first 24/7 dedicated 3D television network in the U.S. The venture brings together three leaders with an extraordinary collection of award-winning 3D content, technology expertise, television distribution and operational strength.
* Long-time client Passlogix, Inc., a leading provider of single sign-on and security software, with the sale of its business to Oracle Corporation. Proskauer has been technology, licensing and intellectual property counsel to Passlogix since 2003.
Keep abreast of the most important issues and cases in the media and technology sectors at our New Media & Technology Law Blog.