Hello and thank you for visiting my profile.
I started providing Arabic interpreting services in 1994 at a court case in the 36th District Court of Detroit. Currently, I am working as a full-time Arabic Interpreter in the legal field.
My credentials include:
*Certified Arabic translator by the Arab Professional Translators Society.
*Registered Arabic interpreter by the Michigan Supreme Court.
*Approved Arabic Interpreter by the Oakland County 6thJudicial Circuit Court of Michigan.
*MBA (Masters of Business) degree from Wayne State University.
My experience includes working at:
Federal Courts: US District Federal Court-Eastern District of Michigan, Social Security Administration hearings, US Asylum interview in Chicago, US Immigration Court in Detroit, and USCIS immigration interviews in Detroit
District Courts: 36th of Detroit, 19th of Dearborn, 31st of Hamtramck, 20th of Dearborn Heights, 21st of Garden City, 41st of Sterling Heights, 35th of Plymouth, and 52nd of Troy
Circuit Courts: Wayne County 3rd Circuit, Oakland County 6th Circuit, Macomb County 16th Circuit, Wayne County Friend of the Court, and Wayne County Juvenile Division
Michigan Agencies: Workers Compensation Agency, Secretary of State (driver's licence exam), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) office
Other: Polygraph (lie detector), depositions at law offices for personal injury cases, independent medical examinations for workers comp cases
Memberships include: State Bar of Michigan in the ADR section, NLSC (National Language Service Corps),
Recommendation letters available from a Judge at the US District Court and an assistant US Attorney General at the US Dept. of Justice.
___7 great reasons to call Ratib first___
1. Quick response regarding my availability: I reply to emails on my cellular phone, and I always reply to voice messages as soon as I can. I never outsource my work to others.
2. Guaranteed on time arrival: I arrive at least 30 minutes early. (my motto: Early is the new "on time", and on time is the new "late")
3. Reconfirmation: I always reconfirm the day before the appointment and on my way too.
4. Professional image: I always dress professionally and wear a name tag.
5. No Liability: US citizen with government clearance and listed as a government contractor with PTAC.
6. No Accent: I speak both English and Arabic without an accent because I grew up in the Detroit area, and I spent most summers of my life in Syria.
7. Strict adherence to the Code of Ethics: Outlined by the SCAO
My average service rate is $50 per hour (Minimu 2 hrs. Includes travel time from Canton, MI)
I welcome your call directly to my cellular phone at (248) 390-5910.
If you get my voice mail, that means I can't talk at the moment.
Send me a SMS text and I will write back right away.
affiliate member of the State Bar of Michigan. Registered Arabic interepter with the Michigan Supreme Court
MBA from Wayne State University
Professional Associations & Memberships
State Bar of Michigan, affiliate member Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association, member Arab Professional Translators Society, certified member Michigan Translators/Interpreters Network, member State Court Administrative Office, registered interpreter