Dressman Benzinger LaVelle psc (DBL Law) is a full-service law firm of 39 attorneys and 51 staff, with offices located in Cincinnati, Ohio and Crestview Hills, Kentucky. DBL attorneys represent private individuals and companies in many industries and areas of law including: Administrative, Banking & Commercial, Business Organizations and Taxation, Civil Litigation, Construction, Employment and Labor, Estate Planning and Probate, Healthcare, Real Estate, Technology and Workers' Compensation.
Robert M. Hoffer heads the firm's employment law division which represents employers of all sizes including some of the largest throughout the Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati area. His employment law practice covers all issues impacting employers on a daily basis including compliance with the state and federal employment laws. In his career, Bob has worked closely with all of the state and federal administrative agencies including the EEOC, DOL, DOJ, Kentucky Commission on Human Rights, Kentucky Labor Cabinet and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission. A large part of Bob's practice includes litigating employment cases in federal and state courts.
He has also represented hospitals and physicians for over 30 years on employment and medical negligence issues and has successfully litigated many cases throughout the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Bob has successfully defended his clients in the following cases:
• Obtained summary judgment in a case involving disability discrimination in Kentucky federal court which was affirmed by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, writ of certiorari denied by the United States Supreme Court.
• Obtained temporary injunction in Kentucky state court on a covenant not-to-compete agreement.
• Obtained summary judgment in a wrongful discharge case in Kentucky State court.
• Obtained jury verdict for a physician in a case involving the death of a child as a result of neonatal herpes encephalitis.
• Numerous successful mediations with the EEOC as well as in medical negligence cases. Bob also represents the interests of his clients in Kentucky and Ohio probate matters.
Commonwealth of Kentucky
State of Ohio
U.S. District Courts, Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky
U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
J.D., Salmon P. Chase College of Law (1980)
B.A., Xavier University (cum laude, 1976)
Professional Associations & Memberships
Kentucky Bar Association
Northern Kentucky Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association
Kentucky Academy of Hospital Attorneys
Defense Research Institute ("DRI")
President-Elect Kentucky Defense Counsel ("KDC")
Member of Northern Kentucky Human Resource Association
Board Member of Northern Kentucky Bar Association
Honors and Awards
2012 Northern Kentuckian of the Year
2012 DRI Exceptional Performance Citation
2012 Northern Kentucky Bar Associaton Distinguished Lawyer of the Year
2010 Covington Latin School Bonitatem Award for Outstanding Community Service
2009 Northern Kentucky Chamber for Leader of Distinction Award