The focus of this paper is on published decisions which may shape the licensed immigration advice industry. In particular we will look at:
1. Appeals to the Courts against determinations by the Registrar of the Immigration…more
Presented for the Auckland District Law Soceity, March 2011 as part of a one-day conference.
The paper covers issues of how to prepare a claim under the Refugee Convention, the Convention Against Torture and the…more
The Immigration Act 2009 is a large piece of legislation. It represents a formidable piece of law.
* Structure of the Act
* Visas and Entry Permissions
* Residence Visas and Permanent Resident Visas
A guide to the various avenues of Appeal available under the new Immigration Act 2009 (New Zeland). The Appeals system came into effect on 29 November 2010.
Key features are:
* Single Tribunal to handle all immigration…more
A look at the tools available to advisers to resolve problem situations which are not otherwise provided by the Immigration Act or Policy, statutory appeals to the immigration tribunals, or to the Courts. These include…more
1. Interaction between Citizenship rights and Residence under the Immigration Act 2009 coming into force in November 2010.
2. Wider sponsorship opportunities for businesses and community groups go alongside greater…more
This profile may constitute attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Any correspondence with this profile holder does not constitute a client/attorney relationship. Neither the content on this profile nor transmissions between you and the profile holder through this profile are intended to provide legal or other advice or to create an attorney-client relationship.