Steven has been in practice as a solicitor in London for 29 years.
Chambers' Global Directory 2012 states: “Steven Loble offers a wide-ranging international dispute resolution practice. He speaks German, French and Italian, as well as "offering extraordinary expertise in the intersection of US and UK law." In addition, he is "a hard-working and accessible individual, and as clients we are very happy with the results that he has achieved."”
Steven is described in the 2010 edition of Legal 500 as "extremely knowledgeable and efficient."
He has acted in over 50 reported cases and has wide experience of international and commercial litigation. He has been involved in a number of the leading cases on enforcing foreign judgments, obtaining evidence for foreign proceedings, privilege, interest rate swaps, legal costs, and financial disputes. Many of Steven's clients are based outside the United Kingdom. With years of experience acting for foreign clients, he has substantial expertise in dealing with the issues which arise in cross-border litigation - choice of law, jurisdictional disputes, enforcement of judgments, obtaining evidence, dealing with questions of foreign law and sovereign immunity. He frequently advises in relation to public and private international law and represents the government of a friendly foreign state in litigation in England on a regular basis. Steven has expertise in the use of the latest technology, to manage cases with large numbers of documents both efficiently and cost-effectively. Steven uses alternative dispute resolution where appropriate.
Recent work includes:
• advising Citigroup in obtaining vital evidence in England in connection with an $8 billion claim against it by Guy Hands' Terra Firma private equity group arising out its purchase of EMI music
• a case which clarified the rules on Part 36 offers to settle;
• obtaining evidence in a number of cases brought against banks in the United States for facilitating terrorism by maintaining accounts for terrorist organisations
• advising a foreign regulator in relation to a case against an English company which is alleged to be in breach of the regulations of the foreign country
• acting for an investment bank in relation to the Lehman Brothers’ bankruptcy
• other credit-crunch related litigation
• enforcing a judgment of a United States court for over $100m.
+44 (0)20 7478 9012