Most law firms bill clients on a per hour basis in six minute increments. As a client, this means that you are often times overcharged by your lawyer for quick phone calls, emails and other routine matters. Attorneys at large law firms are expected to bill anywhere from 1,800 to 2,200 hours per year. These attorneys are compensated based on how many hours they bill in a given year. To put it simply, the more hours these attorneys bill their clients in a given year, the more they are compensated. The client’s interest is not factored into this equation. Attorneys at large law firms are rarely, if ever, rewarded by their law firms for just doing a good job on behalf of their clients. Their pay is based on one thing – the billable hour. Vantage Legal does not believe in billing its client by the hour. Our only focus is to do the best job we possibly can for you.
Vantage Legal prides itself on the following:
1. Client satisfaction is our number one concern. Always.
2. We never charge a fee for an initial consultation.
3. Fixed Fees for specific engagements will be given upfront, so you will know exactly how much your legal representation will cost.
4. We promptly return all telephone calls and email messages.
5. We do our best to meet your deadlines and regularly keep you apprised of our progress on your matter.
6. Because we do not bill clients by the hour, you will never have to worry about how long you are on the phone with your attorney.
7. We do not bill our clients for everyday expenses that are their costs of doing business, such as local or long distance phone charges, postage, faxes, copies, local transportation, and the like. Where expenditures outside of the ordinary are necessary or prudent, we work with our clients to identify the most cost-effective approach; and will never bill these type of expenses above our actual costs.
8. We understand you are busy. Therefore, we are more than happy to meet with you at your location, and during the evening and on weekends.