In This Issue:
- More Workers Are Claiming 'Wage Theft'
- Big Companies, States Urge High Court to Rule on Gay Marriage
- Firms Continue to Increase Background Checks on Job Candidates
In March 2011, when CMS published regulations to implement the Medicare enrollment screening provisions of the Affordable Care Act, the requirement for background fingerprint screening was put on hold. In a recent Special...more
The Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services ("CMS") recently posted on its website an article indicating that, as part of enhanced screening provisions in the Affordable Care Act, it will phase in a new fingerprint-based...more
Each year usually starts with a lot of resolutions and good intentions that fall by the wayside, mostly for lack of a plan. One resolution of all employers should be to update their policies and practices to comply with the...more
In this update:
- 2013 Schedule of Seminars
- Wage & Hour
- New Laws Impacting Hiring Practices
- Discrimination & Harassment
- Developing Law Regarding Employer Arbitration Agreements
Originally published in Human Resource Partners - December 2012.
Employers face ever increasing regulation of their workplaces and employment related practices. As 2012 draws to an end, it is a good time to take stock...more
Back to Top