Ever wondered if you would infringe a patent but wanted to know before any infringement occurred?
Honeywell International, Inc. and Arkema Inc. are competitors in the field of automotive air-conditioning systems....more
In This Issue:
• State Courts Should Handle Patent Malpractice Cases
• “A” and “An” in Claims Mean “One or More”
• No Direct Infringer Needs to be Identified in Declaratory Judgment Jurisdiction Over Indirect...more
"[Neither the Declaratory Judgment Act nor Federal Circuit jurisprudence creates] a federal cause of action for assignor estoppel."
On February 11, 2013, in Semiconductor Energy Lab. Co. v. Nagata, the U.S. Court of...more
In Arkema Inc. v. Honeywell Int’l, Inc., the Federal Circuit reversed a District Court’s finding of no justiciable controversy under Article III for a declaratory judgment suit over indirect infringement liability. Arkema...more
The Delaware District Court dismissed a declaratory judgment action in favor of a later-filed patent infringement suit on the same patent. The ruling provides a roadmap for patent owners to pursue a settlement without the...more
In This Issue:
• Prior Litigation Precludes Lawsuit
• Disclosure of Broad Genus Does Not Disclose Species
• Preamble Limits Claims
- Excerpt from Prior Litigation Precludes Lawsuit:
JD Supra gets your content noticed, increases your visibility and makes your marketing efforts hassle free...
Learn More or Schedule a demo