Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities are financial instruments consisting of residential mortgages pooled together to form larger more complex financial commodities.
On February 5, the Attorney General of California, Kamala D. Harris, filed suit in Superior Court in California against Standard & Poor’s and its parent company, the McGraw Hill Company. The Complaint alleges violations of...more
In This Issue:
- Assured Wins $90 Million in Damages in RMBS Breach of Contract Trial
- DOJ Brings Civil Fraud Action Against S&P
- S&P Seeks Declaration That Credit Ratings Are Immune From...more
On February 5, two Standard & Poor’s entities filed a declaratory judgment action in the Southern District of South Carolina seeking to bar the South Carolina Attorney General from suing S&P under South Carolina’s Unfair...more
On February 4, the Department of Justice filed a complaint in the Central District of California against two Standard & Poor’s entities in connection with credit ratings S&P provided for certain RMBS and CDOs....more
In This Issue:
*Financial Industry Developments
- OCC Guidance on Transition Periods under Section 716 of the Dodd-Frank Act
- CFTC Reporting of Swap Transactions and Swap Dealer Registration
On December 20, 2012, the Second Circuit affirmed a decision by Judge Sidney H. Stein of the Southern District of New York dismissing a putative class action suit alleging that Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services intentionally...more
JD Supra gets your content noticed, increases your visibility and makes your marketing efforts hassle free...
Learn More or Schedule a demo