On Monday, June 29, 2020, Governor Ron DeSantis signed the Florida state budget for Fiscal Year 2020-2021 (HB 5001 General Appropriations). The budget totals $92.2 billion, provides over $350 million in tax relief, and includes more than $1 billion in vetoed spending. The Governor remained focused on education, environment, transportation and infrastructure, health and human services, and public safety.
- Job Growth Grant Fund: $20 million
- Mental Health: $25 million increase
- Everglades Restoration: $322 million
- Florida Springs: $50 million
- Water Quality: $160 million
- Water Purification: $40 million
- Red Tide and Algae Blooms: $35 million
- Fully Funded Department of Transportation: $9.2 billion
- Affordable Housing: more than $200 million
- Child Welfare: $53 million
The Florida Legislative Session concluded its regular Session on March 13, 2020 with 128 bills passed in the Florida House and Florida Senate. Of those, 95 were signed into law by Governor DeSantis. Click here for a complete list of new laws effective today, July 1, 2020.