HEDGE/PRIVATE FUND MANAGERS
- Blue Sky Filings (Form D): Advisers to private funds should review fund blue sky filings and determine whether any amended or new filings are necessary. Generally, most states require a notice filing (“blue sky filing”) within 15 days of the first sale of interests in a fund, but state laws vary. Due September 15, 2020.
- Rule 17a-5 Monthly and Fifth FOCUS Part II/IIA Filings: For the period ending August 31, 2020. For firms required to submit monthly FOCUS filings and those firms whose fiscal year-end is a date other than a calendar quarter. Due September 24, 2020.
- SIPC-7 Assessment: For firms with a Fiscal Year-End of July 31. SIPC members are required to file the SIPC-7 General Assessment Reconciliation Form, together with the assessment owed (less any assessment paid with the SIPC-6) within 60 days after the Fiscal Year-End. Due September 29,
- Annual Audit Reports for the Fiscal Year-End July 31, 2020: FINRA requires that member firms submit their annual audit reports in electronic form. Firms must also file the report at the regional office of the SEC in which the firm has its principal place of business and the SEC’s principal office in Washington, DC. Firms registered in Arizona, Hawaii, Louisiana, or New Hampshire may have additional filing requirements. Due September 29, 2020.
- Supplemental Inventory Schedule (“SIS”): For the month ending August 31. The SIS must be filed by a firm that is required to file FOCUS Report Part II, FOCUS Report Part IIA or FOGS Report Part I, with inventory positions as of the end of the FOCUS or FOGS reporting period, unless the firm has (1) a minimum dollar net capital or liquid capital requirement of less than $100,000; or (2) inventory positions consisting only of money market mutual funds. A firm with inventory positions consisting only of money market mutual funds must affirmatively indicate through the eFOCUS system that no SIS filing is required for the reporting period. Due September 29, 2020.
- SIPC-6 Assessment: For firms with a Fiscal Year-End of February 29. SIPC members are required to file for the first half of the fiscal year a SIPC-6 General Assessment Payment Form together with the assessment owed within 30 days after the period covered. Due Date September 30, 2020.
MUTUAL FUND ADVISERS
- Form N-MFP: Form N-MFP (Monthly Schedule of Portfolio Holdings of Money Market Funds) reports information about the fund’s holdings as of the last business day of the prior calendar month and must be filed no later than the fifth business day of each calendar month. Due date is September 7, 2020.
Photo Credits: Photo by Domenico Loia on Unsplash.