Ensuring compliance with the False Claims Act has never been more important for healthcare providers. By March 2020, we saw healthcare professionals standing at the forefront of one of the greatest health crises in a generation, and we saw our healthcare system quickly stressed to the breaking point by the COVID-19 pandemic. Over the next several months, we saw trillions of stimulus dollars distributed by the federal government to provide economic relief to individuals and businesses. By 2020's end, we saw the beginnings of a massive and historic vaccine rollout designed to stem the continued rising tide of COVID-19 infections against the backdrop of leadership changes at the highest levels of government. The annual Bass, Berry & Sims Healthcare Fraud & Abuse Review is intended to assist healthcare providers to develop a greater understanding of the civil and criminal enforcement risks they face during this time of great uncertainty for the healthcare industry. Our latest Healthcare Fraud and Abuse Review takes a closer look at:
1. Issues for the healthcare industry to watch in 2021
2. Enforcement implications of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act /COVID-19 relief
3. Noteworthy False Claims Act settlements from 2020
4. Comprehensive coverage of significant False Claims Act decisions
5. Notable developments involving the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute
6. Enforcement developments impacting the pharmaceutical and medical device industries...
Please see full Review below for more information.