On June 2, 2021, the Technical - Operational Strategy for the activation of commercial air transportation, elaborated by the President of the Republic in the Council of Secretaries of State, entered into force. This Strategy was designed in four (4) successive stages, with the purpose of gradually opening air borders at a commercial level, which are arranged as follows:
- First Phase: comprises a series of actions aimed at the socialization and consolidation of biosecurity protocols in the airport.
- Second Phase: consists of the gradual activation of domestic flights.
- Third Phase: the gradual activation of international operations.
- Fourth Phase: a definitive activation of all air activities.
Additionally, Article 2 of the Executive Decree no. PCM- 077- 2020, which establishes the biosecurity requirements for entry into the country, for which it is necessary to present a real-time PCR or antigen test performed no more than seventy-two (72) hours before entry into the country was amended.
With this amendment, the article is expanded with the inclusion of the possibility of presenting a complete vaccination card:
"Travelers who are already vaccinated against COVID-19 and have the complete vaccination schedule shall be exempt from compliance with the previous provision; they shall only have to present their original vaccination card where the complete doses corresponding to each existing vaccine must be stated. The Secretariat of Health may regulate this provision if the technical criteria so suggest. And the general public must be notified promptly through official communication".
An expedited procedure has been created, consisting of the following steps:
- Passengers must make an electronic pre-registration, establishing the country's date of entry and exit.
- Immunized passengers must carry the original vaccination card issued at the vaccination site, which must contain the complete schedule of doses within 14 days from its implementation.
- If you have not been vaccinated, in this link, you must upload the result of any test for the detection of COVID-19 accepted in the country Antigen detection swab and rt-PCR swab. It remains the disposition to perform such test in a time, not more than seventy-two (72) hours before the trip.
- To comply with the biosecurity measures.