Latin American Data Protection Authorities and the Spanish Data Protection Authority have issued a joint statement on data processing and Artificial Intelligence.
1. Comply with local regulations on the treatment of personal data.
2. Conduct a data protection impact assessment.
3. Embed privacy, ethics, and security by design and by default.
4. Operationalize accountability.
5. Design appropriate governance structures in organizations developing AI products.
6. Adopt measures to guarantee the observance of data protection principles.
7. Respect the holder’s rights and implement effective mechanisms for the exercise of said rights.
8. Ensure data quality.
9. Use anonymization tools.
10. Increase holders’ trust and transparency.