Host Mary O'Brien is joined by Wilson Sonsini technology transactions partner Barath Chari as she interviews Parth Naidu, founder and CEO at SIDO, an e-sports research group, to discuss the legal issues in e-sports gaming.
- an introduction to Barath Chari and Parth Naidu and their experience in the gaming industry,
- the evolution of e-sports industry,
- the growth of e-sports and legal considerations,
- insight into dynamics of players and e-sports organizations,
- key points when negotiating player contracts,
- intellectual property challenges and opportunities in e-sports,
- a background on gambling and e-sports and gambling's effects on the e-sports industry, and
- looking ahead, what will e-sports look like in the next decade?
Meet the host and this episode's guests:
The information in this podcast episode is for general information purposes only and may not reflect current law in your jurisdiction. Nothing in this podcast should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation, and this information is not intended to create, and receipt or listening does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. No listener of this episode should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through, this episode without seeking legal or other professional advice from an appropriate licensed professional in the recipient’s state, country, or other appropriate jurisdiction.
Learn more about Wilson Sonsini's Electronic Gaming Group, https://egg.wsgr.com/.