In This Issue
- White House Releases Proposed Privacy Legislation
- Lessons from the Anthem Data Breach
- SEC and FINRA Release Results of Industrywide Cybersecurity Examination Sweeps
- COSO Releases Report on Assessing and Resolving Cyber Risks
- White House Announces New Cyber Threat Information Sharing Agency
- Obama Issues Executive Order on Information Sharing
- NY Report on Cybersecurity in Insurance Sector Provides Insight Into Common Practices
- White House Releases Progress Report on Big Data
- Senator Markey Report Highlights Issues of Data Privacy in the Automotive Industry
- Excerpt from Obama Issues Executive Order on Information Sharing:
President Obama issued an executive order to foster sharing of cyberthreat information among the private and public sectors, highlighting the importance of this aspect of cybersecurity defense.
On February 13, following remarks given at the White House Summit on Cybersecurity and Consumer Protection held at Stanford University, President Barack Obama issued an executive order designed to promote cybersecurity information sharing within the private sector, and between the private sector and the federal government.13 This executive order builds on a February 2013 executive order that addressed increased cybersecurity information sharing between the federal government and critical infrastructure,14 and, together with the establishment of the Cyber Threat Intelligence Integration Center (discussed above), demonstrates the administration’s focus on information sharing as a means of combating cyber threats.
Please see full Update below for more information.