Covering state-level legalization initiatives, workplace considerations, HIPAA, trademark issues, and more, here are some of the most well-read posts on marjuana/cannabis and related matters to be published on JD Supra during 2019. One takeaway from the mix, among others: our contributors enjoy a good pun!
Popular Marijuana/Cannabis Reads on JD Supra, 2019
- CBD Oil is Regulated in Florida by the “Hemp Bill” Signed into Law by Governor Ron DeSantis - by Jessica Smith West, Amy Maguire, and Erin Smith Aebel at Shumaker
- In the Weeds: Marijuana Legalization & Employment Laws - by Rebecca Stephens at Farella Braun + Martel
- The Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Act and Implications for the Workplace - by Emily Paulus and Nancy Conrad at White and Williams
- Illinois' New Recreational Marijuana Law Creates New Hurdles for Employers with Zero Tolerance Policies - by Alexis Gabrielson and Johnny Wang at Stinson
- CBD Risk Management - by Ian Stewart at Wilson Elser
- The Blunt Truth About Testing Employees For Marijuana in California - by Hilary Weddell at McManis Faulkner
- Are Medical Marijuana Businesses Subject to HIPAA? - by Sara Jodka at Dickinson Wright
- NYC Employers – No More Pre-Employment Drug Tests for Marijuana - by Ruth A. Rauls and Erik Pramschufer at Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr
- Oklahoma Medical Marijuana and Patient Protection Act addresses workplace safety concerns for employers - by Paul Ross at McAfee & Taft
- Florigrown v. DOH: Florida’s Vertical Integration Requirement for Medical Marijuana Licensees Held Unconstitutional - by Jennifer Tschetter and Benjamin Stearns at Carlton Fields
- TTB Passes on CBD - by Andrew Linden at Norris McLaughlin
- Georgia Enters the Hemp Industry - by Stephanie Savage at Miller & Martin
- Yes, UCANN! - by Yasamin Parsafar at Sheppard Mullin
For a deeper dive into Marijuana/Cannabis Trends right now, ask us about access to Beacon Insights dashboards.