[co-author: Alasdair Austin]*
Other recent notable industry transactions:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. completed the acquisition of Henogen SA, Novasep's viral vector manufacturing business in Belgium for approximately €725 million in cash.
- Haemonetics Corporation, a global medical technology company, announced its agreement to acquire Cardiva Medical, Inc., a manufacturer of vascular closure systems, for an upfront cash payment of US$475 million at with additional contingent consideration based on sales growth.
- Boston Scientific entered into an agreement to acquire Preventice Solutions, Inc., company which offering mobile cardiac health solutions and services, for upfront cash payment of US$925 million, and up to US$300 million in a potential milestone payment. Boston Scientific was already an investor in Preventice.
- Sanofi and Novartis have agreed to support the manufacturing and supply of BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine (co-developed with Pfizer).
- A new partnership between the UK government and CureVac (a vaccine manufacturer) has been agreed, in order to quickly develop new vaccines in response to new COVID-19 variants, if they are needed.