April 22nd, 2021
8:30 AM - 5:30 PM EDT
Or call 888-224-2480 for fastest service.
You can save an extra 10% off the current rate by using code D10-999-JDS21.
The Canadian Institute’s advanced conference on Contaminated Sites Liability & Litigation Risk takes a deep dive into the most critical challenges affecting land developers, real estate and legal professionals, and environmental management officials. Join this one-day national event April 22, 2021 on our dynamic virtual platform, to delve into the law, regulation, and enforcement.
The Polluter Pays for a contaminated site is not always the doctrine being upheld in the courts. Recent caselaw has seen the current landowners, from municipalities to private enterprises, being held responsible for historic property damages, damages to neighbouring properties and remediation. A contaminated land claim can arise at any time, either during a property transaction, an environmental assessment, or at the time of the contamination.
Join the leading experts from across Canada when they address critical issues and bring the most relevant and pressing discussions affecting legal professionals working in the contaminated sites sector.
Bryan J. Buttigieg
Certified Specialist, Environmental Law
Miller Thomson LLP
SESSION HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2021
- How to Meet Reporting Obligations Across Jurisdictions
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility when Meeting Your Environmental Obligations
- Liability of Owners and Tenants for Historical Contamination in Ontario following the Hamilton Beach Decision
- How to Create a Land Remediation Plan to Mitigate Contamination
- How to Obtain Contracts Federal Financial Liabilities and Funding Opportunities
Download the Agenda to see the full program including speaker faculty.
Save an extra 10% off the conference by using code D10-999-JDS21.
*Discount is valid for new registration only.