May 6th - 7th, 2021
9:00 AM - 4:15 PM EDT
Or call 888-224-2480 for fastest service.
You can save an extra 10% off the current rate by using code D10-999-JDS21.
The Canadian Institute’s 12th Annual Law of Policing Conference, Eastern Canada edition will take place May 6 & 7, 2021. This year’s event will take an in depth look at some of the social movements that are demanding change in policing services, and the legal liability challenges that will arise from adapting to change. Take part in this virtual two-day event to discuss the most pressing challenges facing police services, police associations, police boards, peace officers, special constables, and their counsel.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police – Legal Advisory Section
Department of Justice Canada
Ontario Association of Police Services Boards
Want to know what to expect? Watch a complimentary session from our June 2020 Law of Policing conference.
NEW SESSIONS FOR 2021
- Live Q&A National Roundtable on Police Service Act Reform: Hear from Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta
- Analyzing Models for Partnering with Health Care Authorities: Compare Edmonton and Oregon police models
- Ensuring a Consistent Response when using De-Escalation and Use of Force Techniques: Gain control and de-escalation tactics
- Measuring Personal and Organizational Liability in Duty of Care Investigations: Defining the legal obligation of a person or organization
- Mitigating Liability on an Officer’s Personal Social Media Platform: What you can and can’t do, even off-duty
Download the Brochure to see the full program including speaker faculty.
This must-attend event brings together chiefs of police, in-house counsel, and a wide-variety of government and civilian agencies to delve into new legislation and precedent-setting case law, to determine the highest of police standards. Join a distinguished and diverse faculty of speakers as they provide practical solutions and optimum tools for your organization. Hear balanced and current discussions on following challenges:
NATIONAL ROUNDTABLE on POLICE SERVICE ACT REFORM
THINK TANK Analyzing Models for Partnering with Health Care Authorities
Ensuring a Consistent Response when using De-Escalation and Use-of-Force Techniques
Ensuring Evidence Management when Adopting Body-Worn Camera Technology
Enforcing the Federal Quarantine Act Covid-19 Pandemic Response Measures
Primer on Employee Accommodation and Return-to-Work Policy
Save an extra 10% off the conference by using code D10-999-JDS21.
*Discount is valid for new registration only.