December 3rd, 2020
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM CET
One of the goals that the Benelux Chapter of the Association for Certified eDiscovery Specialist (ACEDS) wants to achieve is to promote Legal Technology education. This leads to certification and further professionalization of our field.
Law firms, forensic accountants, corporations, governments, regulators are all clamoring for lawyers and investigators who also have the right technical skills. Universities and colleges are regularly accused of not training the right people.
Yet the Benelux is at the forefront in Europe when it comes to LegalTech education.
This December 3 is World eDiscovery Day, a good time for ACEDS Benelux to give the floor to colleges and universities. During the webinar we will address the following questions:
- How have they embraced LegalTech and included it in their education?
- How is the responsible use of LegalTech taught to lawyers and researchers.
- How can companies and governments benefit or participate in LegalTech education
Various other topics are also discussed: Legal Big Data, Contract Analysis, Legal Design, Automatic Legal Decision Systems, automatic appeals, eCourts ... more happens than you think!
To answer these questions and answer matters, we have invited a number of special speakers:
- Prof. Jaap van den Herik - Founder of the Legal Technologies program at Leiden University and authority in the field of law and IT.
- Joort Visser, Ellen Oudejans, Lydwine Pijloo and Anne Elburg will tell you more about their “award winning” LegalTech Minor at the HBO law of the University of Amsterdam.
- Ilona Opdorp-van de Kooi - Chairman of the LegalTech Alliance of the 12 Dutch HBO law courses and manager of the minor Legal Tech at the Hogeschool Leiden, together with Tessa Lust.
- Peter van der Wijden - Teacher Forensic ICT at Hogeschool Leiden.
- Moderator: Prof. ir. Jan Scholtes - president ACEDS Benelux Chapter, professor at Maastricht University and CSO at ZyLAB