May 6th, 2021
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM PDT
Please join members of Nossaman’s Coastal Development and Environment & Land Use Groups on May 6, 2021 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PT as we present “Charting a Course for Offshore Wind Energy in California” to discuss current proposals and pending regulations concerning offshore wind development along the California coast.
Our top tier panel of coastal specialists will also include senior representatives from the California Coastal Commission, the State Lands Commission, the Redwood Coast Energy Authority and the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, who will share insights on their respective organizations’ roles in the planning, permitting and construction of offshore wind projects in the state.
This is a must-attend program for project developers, manufacturers, utilities and other constituencies seeking insight into the future path for offshore wind energy in California. Our panel will discuss:
- A brief history of California offshore wind proposals and development to date;
- The role of the California Coastal Commission in reviewing aspects of offshore wind development in federal & state waters;
- Offshore wind applications in state waters, including the CEQA process and Environmental Impact Report preparation;
- The role of the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) and the intergovernmental task force in project development; and
- The status of current projects proposed along the California coast.
Our panel will also devote time for a substantive Q&A session following the presentation, so we invite you to submit your questions while registering or during the webinar.
Not able to attend the live webinar? Register now to receive a link to the on-demand recording once the live broadcast has concluded.
Nossaman LLP is an approved State Bar of California MCLE provider and certifies that this activity is approved for 1.5 hours of general credit.
Questions? Please contact Jessica Ku at firstname.lastname@example.org.