How Can States Leverage Telehealth Policies and Implement Eligibility and Enrollment Strategies to Protect Children’s Access to Medicaid During COVID-19? Find Out at a New Webinar From Manatt Health, the American Academy of Pediatrics, Family Voices, and the Georgetown University Center for Children and Families. Click Here to Register Free.
The COVID-19 pandemic is wreaking serious health and economic consequences on children and families. As unemployment rates soar across the country, states are grappling with significant enrollment increases in state Medicaid programs and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). At the same time, pediatric providers have scaled their telehealth capabilities at warp speed to reduce disease spread and ensure children and adolescents, especially those with special healthcare needs, continue to receive needed care.
How can child advocates, providers and other stakeholders work with state Medicaid agencies to implement telehealth policies and eligibility and enrollment strategies that help ensure children have access to coverage and healthcare services during the COVID-19 crisis? Find out at a new webinar from Manatt Health, the American Academy of Pediatrics, Family Voices, and the Georgetown University Center for Children and Families. Click here to register free. Key topics will include:
- Rapid pediatric telehealth adoption and utilization in response to COVID-19
- Considerations for addressing inequities in access to telehealth
- Examples of the best practice state policies for promoting children’s access to telehealth, particularly for children and youth with special healthcare needs and other vulnerable populations
- Eligibility and enrollment strategies designed to address accelerated Medicaid and CHIP child enrollment during COVID-19, including:
- Maximizing awareness of coverage options;
- Using presumptive eligibility to get children into care quickly; and
- Using the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) to support enrollment.
Even if you can’t attend our live session on August 10, click here to register free now and receive a link to view the program on demand.
This webinar is funded through the generous support of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, and the Annie E. Casey Foundation.
Cindy Mann, Partner, Manatt Health
Jared Augenstein, Director, Manatt Health
Tricia Brooks, Research Professor, Georgetown University Center for Children and Families
Wendy Chill, State Government Affairs Analyst, American Academy of Pediatrics
Cathy Salazar, Lead Family Liaison – Healthcare, Parents Reaching Out
For regular updates on the major challenges companies are facing, please visit our COVID-19 resources page, and subscribe for timely updates in your inbox here.