September 22nd, 2022
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM PT
On April 20, 2022, the Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) adopted, updated – and significantly changed – thresholds of significance under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) for determining when a development project will have significant climate change/greenhouse gas impacts. Given that the BAAQMD thresholds are relied upon by many cities and other CEQA lead agencies in the Bay Area, this update will have a major impact on the environmental review process for many development projects in the region. Join our panel, as we discuss:
- The new BAAQMD thresholds – how are they different?
- Interaction with climate action plans and CEQA thresholds implemented by Bay Area cities.
- Strategies for addressing the new BAAQMD thresholds in development projects.
- Pros/cons of using alternative thresholds, including CEQA litigation risk.
- Insights from a number of Bay Area development perspectives, including from attorneys (both real estate and environmental), a city planner, and a consultant specializing in CEQA greenhouse gas/air quality impact assessment.
9:45 am - 11:00 am (PT)
10:00 am - 11:00 am (PT)
Please contact Margaret Poza at email@example.com with any event questions.