April 29th, 2021
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM EDT
Massachusetts higher education institutions face a new comprehensive statewide campus sexual assault law, which takes effect on August 1, 2021. This webinar will provide a high-level overview of the requirements of the new law, explain how it syncs with Title IX while also requiring new and additional requirements for Massachusetts institutions. We will cover new policy and training requirements, climate surveys, enhanced intake procedures, required confidential resources, and required coordination with law enforcement and other community resources. Participants will leave with a roadmap for identifying their campus’s specific implementation needs.
Distinctions between Title IX and the new Massachusetts law
Applicability and implementation of the new law
- Required climate surveys
- New policy requirements
- New training requirements
- Enhanced intake procedures
- Required confidential resources
- Coordination with law enforcement and community resources
- What to tackle now? Developing an implementation plan for your campus.
Who should attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Student Affairs leaders and staff
- General counsel/attorneys
- Prevention and Training staff
- Human Resources professionals
- Student Conduct professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Campus safety/law enforcement
- Community-based crisis service professionals
Attendees will leave with an overview of the requirements of the new law, understand how it is designed to complement Title IX, and what key implementation objectives they need to achieve before August 1, 2021 and beyond.