A New Manatt Webinar—Based on a Just-Released Report by the MA Child and Adolescent Health Initiative—Shares Cutting-Edge Strategies for Improving Child and Family Health Outcomes Through Pediatric Primary Care. Click Here to Register Free.
For years, leading pediatricians, families and advocates have called for transforming pediatric care to focus more on addressing the family, social, emotional and economic issues that affect child health outcomes. With the unprecedented events of 2020 accelerating this trend, the Massachusetts Child and Adolescent Health Initiative (CAHI) has issued a new report identifying concrete actions that can be taken in Medicaid to spur such a transformation in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
A new Manatt webinar, sponsored in collaboration with the Center for the Study of Social Policy as part of the Pediatrics Supporting Parents initiative, will share key recommendations, tactics and lessons learned from the report, providing a playbook of interest to leaders in the vanguard of children’s healthcare. Click here to register free.
Strategies that will be covered include:
- Elevating the needs of children, youth and their families in delivery system reform, allowing for more investment in upstream and primary prevention
- Adopting a pediatric-specific approach to financing care for children, reflecting that most investments in pediatric care generate longer-term or cross-sector savings that do not lend themselves to traditional value-based payment models focused on short-term shared savings
- Recognizing and supporting the primary role of parents and caregivers in the health of children, by addressing their needs and supporting the parent-child relationship
- Tackling the social and economic challenges, including systemic racism and inequality, that have an outsized impact on children’s health and well-being
- Expanding the use of community health workers, family support specialists, and other nontraditional staff to connect families to social and economic supports
The webinar provides a clear road map for all healthcare stakeholders working to improve outcomes for children and their families. Even if you can’t make our original airing on December 2, click here to register free now and we’ll send you a link to view the program on demand.
Dr. James Perrin, Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School; former Director, Division of General Pediatrics, Mass General Hospital; former President, American Academy of Pediatrics
Dr. Charles Homer, Chief Improvement Officer, EmPATH; Co-Founder and former President and CEO, National Initiative for Children’s Healthcare Quality
Dr. Greg Hagan, Chief of Pediatrics, Cambridge Health Alliance
Jocelyn A. Guyer, Managing Director, Manatt Health
For regular updates on the major challenges companies are facing, please visit our COVID-19 resources page, and subscribe for timely updates in your inbox here.