February 22nd, 2022
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM PT
Each year in California, the new year brings new employment laws for businesses to follow. This is a good time for cannabis employers to evaluate their policies and practices to ensure they keep pace with these changes.
Join Farella employment lawyers Chandra Andrade and Rebecca Stephens for a discussion on California's new employment laws affecting cannabis business employers, what to look for, and what to do next, including:
- Template employment document updates in light of amendments to the California Fair Employment and Housing Act and Labor Code;
- Expanded coverage for family members under the California Family Rights Act and updates to the DFEH’s mediation program;
- New training and PPE requirements for agricultural workers;
- Minimum wage updates; and
- Current rules, guidance, and best practices relating to COVID-19.
10:00 am - 11:00 am (PT)
11:00 am - 11:30 am (PT)
Registration is complimentary
MCLE: 1.0 hour
This has been approved for MCLE credit by the State Bar of California in the amount indicated above. Farella Braun + Martel LLP is a certified provider.
Please contact Margaret Poza at firstname.lastname@example.org with any event questions.