November 17th, 2020
11:00 AM ET
The pandemic forced employers to witness both the advantages and obstacles to managing a remote team, from work ethic and productivity to collaboration. While the mindsets about going back to work are mixed, companies may have to continue down the remote work path for its employees, voluntarily or mandated. This presentation addresses some of the employment law issues businesses need to consider as it navigates the new remote work environment:
- Do we have to allow all of our workers to work remotely?
- Are there legal pay and timekeeping risks we need to worry about when our workers are remote?
- How do we performance manage remote workers (particularly when we can’t see what they’re doing all day)?
- What laws apply if our employees work remotely in another state?
- Why is a signed remote work policy so important for employers?