July 16th, 2020
1:00 PM - 2:15 PM PT
Please join Nossaman's Water Industry Team and Glenn Lukos Associates from 1:00 – 2:15 p.m. PT on July 16, 2020 for "WOTS Next? An Update on the Clean Water Act and Regulation of Waters of the State & Waters of the U.S."
In the ever-shifting landscape of the Clean Water Act and Porter-Cologne jurisdiction, it can be difficult to determine whether you are engaging in activities that result in discharges of dredge, fill or pollutants to a Water of the United States (WOTUS) or Water of the State (WOTS), triggering regulatory permitting requirements. And if you know today what constitutes WOTUS or WOTS, will the answer remain the same in six months?
To help you understand where we are, how we got here, and where we may be going next, along with best practices to use “on the ground,” this panel of water industry practitioners will cover:
- The current status of the Navigable Waters Protection Rule;
- The current status of the new federal Clean Water Act Section 401 regulations and guidance;
- Recent lawsuits and court rulings shaping Clean Water Act jurisdiction;
- Updates regarding California’s State Wetlands Definition and Procedures for Discharges of Dredge or Fill Material to Waters of the State; and
- Best practices for delineating jurisdictional areas under WOTS and WOTUS rules.
We invite you to submit your questions for our panel either prior to or during the webinar so that we may address your top concerns during the session.
Not able to attend the live webinar on July 16th? Register now to receive a link to the on-demand recording once the live broadcast has concluded.
Nossaman LLP is an approved State Bar of California MCLE provider and certifies that this activity is approved for 1.25 hour of general credit.
Questions? Please contact Jessica Ku at email@example.com or 949.477.7667.