In This Issue:
- SEC Charges Municipal Bond Issuer with Securities Fraud for Misleading Statements on Issuer’s Website
- State v. Brown Affords Managers in the Mortgage Processing Industry a Cautionary Tale
- Second Highest Penalty in FCPA History Comes with a Caution from the Bench about the Limits of the Act’s Jurisdiction
- Novel Trademark Counterfeiting Count Nixed
- Health Care Fraud Conviction Stands Despite Vague Standards of Care
- Excerpt from SEC Charges Municipal Bond Issuer with Securities Fraud for Misleading Statements on Issuer’s Website:
For the first time, the Securities and Exchange Commission has charged a municipality with securities fraud for misleading statements made outside of the municipality’s securities disclosure documents.
Please see full publication below for more information.