The Immigration Act 2009 is a large piece of legislation. It represents a formidable piece of law.
* Structure of the Act
* Visas and Entry Permissions
* Residence Visas and Permanent Resident Visas
* Interim Visas
* Immigration and Protection Tribunal
* Classified Information
* Unlawfully in New Zealand
* Absolute Discretion
* Some Useful Sections of the Act
The writer has chosen not to go into detail about:
• The appeals system under the Immigration and Protection Tribunal;
• Deportation and detention; and
• The refugee and protection jurisdiction.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Administrative Law Updates, Immigration Law Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Simon Laurent, LaurentLaw Barristers & Solicitors | Attorney Advertising