In This Presentation:
- Who is the client(s)?
- Which rules apply? – It depends on who files the grievance.
- What are the attorney’s ethical obligations?
- What is the “public interest”?
- Practical Considerations.
- Hypo 1 – Consular Processing – Misrepresentation of a Material Fact.
•Employer has valid E-2 registration.
•Alien has E-2 interview scheduled.
•Attorney ascertains from employer’s U.S. manager that alien has been working in the U.S. without employment authorization and intentionally misrepresented information on DS-160.
•Question – Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the time granted by an immigration official or otherwise violated the terms of a U.S. visa?
•Answer – The alien answered no.
Please see full presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.