Background and Context:
•Mexico’s Drug War
•Drugs going North and Guns going South
•Since President Calderon’s election in Dec. 2006, it is estimated there have been over 36,000 deaths
•DOJ considers the Mexican drug cartels as the greatest organized crime threat to the U.S.
•Temporary and permanent movement of businesses and families to the U.S., e.g. The Woodlands
•Expansion of existing U.S. companies, new businesses and enrollment in schools in Texas
•What is the impact on Texas based lawyers?
-Underpin and Often Drive the Business Choices -
•Investment for Profit & Gain
•Status in the U.S.
•Security and Family Safety
•Who is the client?
•U.S. immigration matters often involve dual representation
•Dynamic nature of U.S. immigration laws
Also, in this presentation:
- Complex Network of InvestmentConsideration and Opening Enterprises
- Global Trade Environment & Vigilance:Immigration Laws Important to the Mix
- Various Visa Categories Applicable to Investment/Corporate/Business Operations
- Immigration Hot Topics
- B-1/B-2/BCC & Basic Criteria for Visitor’s Entry
- B-1/B-2, & WB Issues...
- Treaty-Based Visas(NAFTA)
- E-1 Treaty Traders(NAFTA)
- E-2 Treaty Investors(NAFTA)
- TN Visa(NAFTA)
- 0-1 Extraordinary Individuals
- Corporate/Tax Issues
- Intellectual Property – Protecting the Gold
- Permanent Residence –Employment Based
- EB-5Immigrant (Green Card) Investor
- Summary of Objectives
- Regional Center Pilot Program Description
- EB-5 Regional Center Investor Requirements
- Legal Specialties Required to Undertake Project
Please see full presentation below for more information.