In this issue:
- Tax Court Rejects Partnerships’ Claim of Attorney-Client Privilege and Orders Release of Opinion Letters
- Litigation Heats Up in Section 1603 Cash Grant Program for Renewable Energy Projects
- Upcoming July FATCA Deadlines
- Taxpayer May Raise Reasonable Cause Defense to Excuse Late Payment Penalty
- Committee issued Updated Proposed Rule 37(e) on E-Discovery
- Credit Suisse Pleads Guilty and Agrees to Pay $2.6 Billion
- Wells Fargo Petitions Supreme Court to Review Economic Substance
- Excerpt from Tax Court Rejects Partnerships’ Claim of Attorney-Client Privilege and Orders Release of Opinion Letters:
On April 16, 2014, the Tax Court issued an opinion holding that two partnerships, AD Investment 2000 Fund LLC and AD Global 2000 Fund LLC, were required to release attorney opinion letters addressing “Son-of-BOSS” tax shelter transactions.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Affirmative Defenses, Attorney-Client Privilege, Credit Suisse, Deadlines, Discovery, FATCA, Late Payments, Rule 37, SCOTUS, Tax Liability, Wells Fargo
Published In: Civil Procedure Updates, General Business Updates, Electronic Discovery Updates, Energy & Utilities Updates, Tax Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Shearman & Sterling LLP | Attorney Advertising