In This Issue:
- President Opposes Medical Device Tax Repeal or Replace
- Senators Call for Extension of Comment Period on ACA Proposed Rules
- AHA Urges U.S. District Court to Expedite Case Involving CMS' Payment Policy
- Commonwealth Fund Finds Health Insurance Premiums and Deductibles Rising at an Historical Rate
- AHA Report Finds Medicare Patients Living Longer, Sicker Lives
- American College of Physicians Calls for Permanent SGR Repeal
- CMS Provides Update on Dual Eligible Demonstration Program
- Excerpt from President Opposes Medical Device Tax Repeal or Replace:
President Obama, in an interview with Frank Vascellaro of Minnesota’s news radio WCCO, said that he will not support a delay or repeal of the medical device tax. He said that because of the Affordable Care Act, health care companies are going to get 30 million new customers. “It’s going to be great for business and they’re doing really well right now and they’re going to get 30 million more customers as a consequence, so this additional tax essentially comes back to them as new customers,” he said. He said that polsinelli.com doctors and hospitals also are “doing a little bit more” and that they all will benefit from the influx of the newly insured. “The idea is that when you have 30 million more people coming in, you’re going to make money, you can do a little more to help facilitate and make sure people are getting the health care they need,” he said. Recently, 18 Senate Democrats asked President Obama for a delay in implementing the 2.3 percent medical device tax.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.