In This Issue:
- CMS Releases FY 2012 Financial Report; Misses Target forReductions in Improper Payments
- CMS Releases Guidance on Medicaid/CHIP Issues
- HHS Secretary Extends Deadline for Decision on Exchanges
- Three House Republicans Consider Creating New Health Care Committee
- Burgess Open to Shifting Part B Drug into Part D
- Provider Groups Differ on Medicare Reform, Deficit Reduction Targets
- Senate HELP Committee Holds Hearing on NECC Compounding Issues
- House Leaders Demand Documents from FDA
- Nursing Homes Criticize OIG Report on Billing Errors
- Medical Device Excise Tax Estimated to Increase Industry's Tax Liability by 29 Percent
- GAO Finds CMS Delinquent in Reporting Progress of FPS
- "Doc Fix" to Cost More than Previously Estimated
- Studies Find Alarming Rise in Diabetes Diagnoses in the U.S.
- State News
- Regulatory News
Excerpt from GAO Finds CMS Delinquent in Reporting Progress of FPS:
A recent GAO study found that despite the apparent success of CMS' Fraud Prevention System (FPS), CMS has failed to provide Congress with statutorily required updates on the usefulness of the system.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.