McAfee & Taft AgLINC - Fall 2012

In This Issue:

- 1 Farmers and commercial motor vehicle regulations

- 4 Aflatoxin and the insured farmer

- 5 Do you need a CDL for your recreational vehicle?

- 6 McAfee & Taft’s Agricultural Real Estate Transactional Practice

- Excerpt from Farmers and commercial motor vehicle regulations by Jared Burden:

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) administers a host of regulations covering the registration, operation and maintenance of commercial motor vehicles. Rules can vary by operator and industry, and there is consequently much confusion about what rules apply to what vehicles and drivers. This has been especially true in the agricultural industry. Different exemptions and special rules can make compliance with the FMCSA very different depending on the circumstances of an agricultural operation. Everything from the size of the vehicle used to the distance traveled can affect how the FMCSA will view an operator....

Please see full newsletter below for more information.

LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.