In This Issue:
- Staying in Compliance While Giving or Receiving Electronic Health Record Systems
- When Donations Cross the Line
- House Bill 296 Signed into Law to Increase Access to Epinephrine Autoinjectors in Camps and Schools
- How To Identify and Protect Your Organization’s Trademarks and Copyrights
- Excerpt from When Donations Cross the Line:
Many not-for-profit health care providers maintain a charitable foundation that can accept taxdeductible gifts. These foundations typically fund activities such as research, indigent patient care or other worthwhile causes related to the provider’s mission. As with any other charity, the foundations solicit support from across the community, including current and former patients, employees, businesses and the general public.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Charitable Donations, Compliance, Copyright, Data Protection, EHR, Healthcare, PHI, Tax Deductions, Trademarks
Published In: Education Updates, Health Updates, Intellectual Property Updates, Nonprofits Updates, Privacy Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Benesch Law | Attorney Advertising