In This Presenation:
- Physician Practice Acquisitions
- Overview of Personal and Enterprise Goodwill
- Regulatory and Legal Considerations
- Practice Acquisitions Involving Personal Goodwill
- Valuing Personal Goodwill
- Hypothetical Transaction
- Excerpt from Current Trends in Physician Practice Acquisitions:
- Physician medical group transactions have increased significantly in number and dollar value since 2009.
- Hospitals are active acquirers, but recent trend involves combination of physician practices with range of other complementary practices:
• Healthcare Partners acquisition by DaVita (kidney care services).
• Walgreens’ partnering w/physician practices to form ACOs.
• BCBS of Florida acquisition of Diagnostic Clinic Management Group.
- Private equity firms also actively looking for opportunities to acquire. Private equity firms are very active in purchasing medical practices in various specialties, including anesthesia, radiology, urgent care, ambulatory surgery, and others.
Please see full presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.