In November 2011, Littler Mendelson conducted its Fourth Annual Global Employer Institute (GEI) in Washington, D.C. Attorneys and human resources professionals from 13 countries participated in the GEI. Regions represented included North and South America, Europe, Africa and Asia, including rapidly expanding markets such as Brazil, India and China.
Each year we highlight and discuss some of the most challenging issues facing global employers. Topics featured at the2011 GEI included:
• The Globalization of Employment and Labor Law: Breaking Developments, Trends, and Practical Compliance Initiatives for 2012
• International Security: Keeping Employees Safe in Dangerous Locales
• Best Practices for Cross-Border Employment Agreements
• Corruption: A Practical Approach to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act
• Out of the Financial Crisis “Frying Pan” and into the Compliance “Fire”: What Multinationals Need to Know About New Financial Reforms
• Global Labor Relations: Global Union Federations, International Labor Standards and Human Rights
• Bullies at Work: Solutions from Different Lands
• Africa: A Wealth of Business Opportunities in an Unfamiliar Legal Landscape
• The Evolving Labor Relations and Labor Law Picture in the People’s Republic of China
• International Employment Law Update: 2011
We also held a workshop on “Investigating Employee Misconduct Across Borders” and presented a special panel on corporate social responsibility in the mining industry in Latin America.
This Publication is intended to highlight many of the topics from Littler’s 2011 GEI. We hope you find it to be a useful resource.
Please see full report below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.