In This Presentation:
Top 10 Q’s & A’s About Patent Litigation:
- 1. Can I Infringe a Patent If I Am Not Aware of It?
- 2. How Do I Tell Whether a Patent is Infringed?
- Novelty/Validity vs. Infringement Analysis
- Claim Interpretation – Infringement Analysis
- Design Patent Infringement
- Avoiding Infringing The Patents Of Others
- 3. What Does an Infringement Notice Letter Mean?
- 4. Will My Adversary See My Confidential Docs?
- 5. We Have Insurance; What Do We Do?
- 6. Can I Challenge the Validity of a Patent?
- 7. Why Do Most Cases Settle?
- 8. What is Claim Construction?
- 9. What Is a Summary Judgment Motion?
- 10. Where Can I Get More Info. About IP Litigation?
- Excerpt from 8. What is Claim Construction?
•Claims are the most important part of a patent
–Define the scope of the protected invention
•Claim construction = determining the meaning and scope of the claims (“construing”) in litigation
•Determined by a court, which looks to:
Please see full presentation below for more information.